1. The fire alarm will sound.
2. The Lifeguard will give one long blast on the whistle to initiate the evacuation procedure.
3. The Lifeguard will give instruction to clear the pool and remain out of the water.
AT THIS POINT STAFF, SWIMMERS, AND PARENTS ARE UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE LIFEGUARD AND MUST FOLLOW HIS/HER INSTRUCTIONS
4. Staff should assemble swimmers at the most appropriate fire exit as signalled by the Lifeguard, and await further instructions.
5. Poolside desk staff to stand at the top of the exit stairs to prevent swimmers/staff/parents returning to changing room. (Reception staff will check changing areas/toilets and give instructions for leaving that part of the building).
6. The Lifeguard will be instructed by the Eric Liddell Duty Manager whether to fully evacuate or if it is safe to continue swimming. If evacuation is required, swimmers will be issued with foil blankets as they leave the building.
7. The assembly point is on the sports field opposite the main college building.
8. No belongings should be collected.
9. Poolside staff to take registers to fire assembly point.
Note to parents/carers/swimmers and all staff
Any swimmer who cannot, or is unlikely to understand and co-operate with the evacuation procedure, must always have their parent/carer inside or just outside the door whilst changing or using the toilet (as appropriate).
I have read and understood the above procedure which I understand must be adhered to in the event of an evacuation or potential evacuation.