- I will complete and return the Medical Information as requested by the organisation and provide details of any health conditions/concerns relevant to my child / person I am responsible for on the consent form. I will report any changes in the state of my child / person I care for’s health to the coach prior to training sessions or events. I will ensure that the organisation has up-to-date contact details for me and for any alternative person(s) as required.
- I will deliver and collect my child / person I care for punctually to and from training sessions/events. I will inform a member of the committee or coaching staff if there is an unavoidable problem. If the organisation changes my child / person I care for’s lane and/or changing times, I will remember that the change is to provide appropriate levels of training and to enable my child to progress, and I should therefore support and encourage this at all times.
- I will ensure my child / person I care for is properly and adequately attired for the training session/ events including all mandatory equipment, e.g. hats, goggles, etc.
- I will inform the coach/welfare officer before a session if my child / person I care for is to be collected early from a training session/event and if so, by whom.
- I will encourage my child / person I care for to obey the rules and teach them that they can only do their best.
- I will behave responsibly as a spectator during training/events and treat members, coaches, committee members and other parents / carers of members of both my child’s / person I care for’s organisation and any other organisation with due respect, in accordance with the ASA commitment to equality and diversity.
- I will not use inappropriate language within the organisation environment.
- I will show appreciation and support my child and all the team members.
- I will ensure my child’s needs are met in terms of nutrition and I will listen to advice given from the coach/nutritionist.
- I will support the coach and committee appropriately and raise any concerns I may have in an appropriate manner to the welfare officer.
- I will not enter poolside unless requested to do so or in an emergency.
- If I wish to have a discussion with the coach, I will check with the welfare officer as to how this can be arranged.
- Most of all, I will help my child to enjoy the sport and to achieve to the best of their ability.
The organisation will:
- Inform you at once if your child becomes ill and will ensure their wellbeing until you are able to collect him/her.
- Ensure good child safeguarding guidelines are followed at all times to keep your child safe.
- Ensure all activities are properly supervised/taught/coached and that consent is obtained for any activity outside of that previously agreed.
You have a right to:
- Make a complaint to the organisation if you feel the organisation or a member of the organisation is not acting appropriately or in accordance with ASA/organisation rules and regulations. Details of how to do this can be obtained from the welfare officer.
- Make a complaint on behalf of your child to the ASA Office of Judicial Administration.
Name of Parent / Carer___________________________
Updated March 2020